itch.io Terms of Service
Last updated Wed Aug 27 09:38:10 PDT 2014
By registering an account and using this service you agree to the terms of service listed in this document.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
itch.io administrators reserve the right to disable your account and remove your content at any time if they find you abusing the service. You are responsible for all content uploaded with your account, and subject to whatever legal restrictions you would normally be under for distributing such content.
The acceptable use policy exists to help create a safe environment for users of the site. The posting of content that degrades the experience of others may result in account termination. Here is a list of explicitly prohibited actions:
- Uploading viruses or malicious code
- Spamming or sending repeated messages
- Posting unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory content
- Bullying, intimidating, harassing, defaming, or threatening others
- Posting content that promotes or participates in racial intolerance, sexism, hate crimes, hate speech, or intolerance to any group of individuals
- Soliciting personal information or login details of others
- Violating copyright by posting content without permission to distribute
- Hacking, maliciously manipulating, or misrepresenting itch.io’s interface in any way using the built in tools for page customization
Should there ever be a need to invoke the possibility of removing content, the consideration will be made very carefully. Where not obvious, cases of misconduct will be handled individually and the policy document may be updated to reflect the decision.
itch.io claims no rights over your content. You own it. You can take it down at any time. But, by using this service you grant itch.io permission to use promotional material you have provided for your game (screenshots, cover-images, videos) on other parts of the site in order to link to or showcase your game. If you enable payments on your account/game then you also give the service the right to sell the content on your behalf.
The website, itch.io is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. in no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the website or related services.
itch.io takes a variable cut of all digital transactions based on how you’ve configured your account. The payment providers you use through itch.io also have their own respective fees. There are no other charges for itch.io.
Please submit any questions or concerns on the itch.io itch.io support page.